10 Simple Ways to Sprinkle God’s Love on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to share and show the love of Christ with your family, with those around you, and especially with those who have never experienced His love.
Here are 10 simple ways to sprinkle God’s love on Valentine’s Day … and really, any day of the year!
**see the printable tags at the end of this post to make it easy peasy.**
10. Purchase some coffee house gift cards and attached a tag to each. Go into the hospital waiting room and hand them out to folks there who look like they could use a good cup of coffee. “I just whispered a prayer for you.”
9. Take your kids to the local grocery store. If it is snowing then scrape windshields in the parking lot. If not, offer to carry out the groceries for elderly people you see. Hand them a tag with a small treat attached. “Know that you are greatly respected.”
8. Purchase gift cards for local restaurants that deliver and attach some of your tags to them. Take one to your pastor or church secretary. They can order their lunch in on a busy day. “Bless you for faithfully serving us all year long.”
7. Place a candy bar or homemade treat in your mailbox for the mail carrier. Be sure to attach a tag. “You do your job so well. Bravo!“
6. If you have small children, have them color some pictures or paint some adding glitter and stickers. Then, take them to the local nursing home and hand them out to the residents. “I just whispered a prayer for you.”
5. If you live in an area where there is a lot of snow on the ground, make snowmen outside of the windows of a nursing home or hospital children’s ward. Be sure to get permission first.
4. Hand a tag to the worker at the drive-through window and pay for the person’s order behind you. Instruct the worker to give the tag to the person when giving them their food. “Just wanted you to know, you rock!“
3. Assemble a fruit or vegetable tray and cover with plastic wrap and attach a tag and a bow on top. Take it to the local police or fire station thanking them for their hard work all year long. “You have a God-given gift for serving others.“
2. Does your high school graduating class have a Facebook page? Look up the person from your high school days who was the meanest to you. Leave a message on their wall wishing them a happy Valentine’s Day! “I just whispered a prayer for you.”
1. Take in a plate of homemade goodies to your child’s teacher’s lounge at school. Attach one of the tags to the plate of goodies. “Thank you for the influence you’ve been on my child.” (For some great recipes of what to make, click here)
Click HERE to receive your printable tags by email. After you enter your email address, check your inbox for your free download.
Need some help spreading love to the spouse that drives you crazy? Check out Karen’s new book, Keep Showing Up.
Have more ideas to add to the list? I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
For ideas on sprinkling God’s love all year round, check out Listen, Love, Repeat: Other-Centered Living in a Self-Centered World. Karen Ehman encourages us to to live alert, listening for “heart drops,” hints from those in our lives who need a helping hand or a generous dose of encouragement. Living alert lifts our own spirits, showing us that blessing others blesses us even more. Listen, Love, Repeat offers biblical teaching and suggests doable actions that are simple, heart-tugging, sentimental, even sneaky and hilarious. For a sneak peek at Listen Love Repeat, sign up for Karen’s How to Hear a Heart Drop five-day challenge.
Once you win a tile, you must place the tile onto your resort board or in a reserve area.
If you are wondering why roulette is transformed into
online gaming community, then it is because gamers all around the world could interact with gamers not within their area.
Customer Service: You shouldn’t game at a casino which doesn’t
make customer service a priority.
However, this scene changed when more programmers
became aware of virus programming and started building viruses that manipulated and destroyed data on infected computers.
The says of free proxies and tunnelling services are over, and as the Chinese government
begins to tighten its grip on what comes in and out of the country informationally
speaking, the need for a vpn to bypass internet censorship in China grows
every day. The Unit is powered by the Main chip adopting the CORTEX
A8 core Sam – Sung S5PV210,and CPU frequency up
to 1GHz, Memory 512MB, internal 2G memory space for TV and Internet integration.
and this game hilariously butchers the English language. For Beatlemaniacs, we otherwise this could happen video was
pretty funny. ” Steinberg responds that the more suffering someone has endured, greater they can complain.
Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you,
However I am experiencing problems with your RSS. I don’t understand
the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there
anyone else having identical RSS problems?
Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
The absence of wedding of any kind with these phony
followers hinders your perfect development capability on Twitter.
He Tweets at least 10 occasions per day and uses about 116,240 users.
In most cases, they may be able keep their mail address to
get revisions to their remark or they can sign in due to their social networking
ID (Facebook or Twitter).
You can use this as a small guide to ask some questions when deciding on
which counselor you want to see. s Gate Moisturizing Body Lotion, I simply
applied my home made moisturizer that I use for my hair
which is made of shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil
and tea tree oil. Parenting a child is enough challenge for a parent once he or she has decided to form a family.
Wonderful, what a webpage it is! This blog presents useful
facts to us, keep it up.
Because the islands are a melting pot of immigrants from all over the world, the famous
cuisine of the French West Indies not only consists of authentic
meals of French influence, but also innovative Caribbean dishes, such as Creole-style meat and seafood,
that are specific to each of the individual islands in the French Caribbean.
In 2008, former Los Angeles assistant District Attorney and author Vincent Bugliosi presented the
legal framework for the prosecution of former George W.
Internet enabled hdtv’s and blu-ray players can also be linked to the router.
and containers made from acrylic glass that’s resistant to shattering into little pieces.
Chocolove Company has it set of standards, which it follows word-by-word for proper
manufacturing of high standard chocolates. One of my friends mother-in-law made this Peanut Butter Bon Bon
for the annual Christmas party at one of my past jobs.
Thank you for this direction some days I just seem to get too busy…I know it is wrong by living proof…but your way sure helps to encourage just how doable it is, as well as how neccessary… Praise God for you and all of the Proverbs 31 ladies for reaching me …
For the reason that the admin of this website is working, no uncertainty
very rapidly it will be well-known, due to its feature contents.
I love Karen’s Valentine idea about sprinkling God’s love on Valentine’s Day. I am making plans to do this next year. I also love the devotionals on Proverbs 31 ministries
from all of the writers. Each daily devotional just blesses my heart!!!!!!
Thanks so much for your sharing God’s love through your writing.
Blessings and Hugs to all the readers on Valentine’s Day.
Love them! Great ideas. This is also a great time to give out tracks to others and tell them of God’s love. Love your posts!
Thank you, sweet Karen. You always have such great ideas and tips and I enjoy everyone. Have a blessed day! :)
these are great, loving ideas! thank you for your faithfulness to this ministry of helping so many! xoxoxo