Winners from this giveaway:
The soup pot winner is SHEILA SCHWEIGER-RHODES (comment left @3:23am on 11-17-15
The 3 “Scatter Kindness” signs winners are
1) LISA DAIL (comment left @ 7:20am on 11-15-16)
2) LIZ (comment left @ 7:29am on 11-15-16)
3) AMY (comment left @ 9:45pm on 11-15-16)
The 5 Book winners are:
1) BRANDI SERENO @ 6:07am on 11-15-16
2) AMY CALL @1:19pm on 11-28-16
3) MARISH @4:20pm on 11-17-16
4) KATHY @9:13am on 11-16-16
5) JILL @10:11pm on 11-15-16
If your name is on this list, please take a picture of your comment on the computer screen or screen shot your comment (so we can verify that you have the correct name and timestamp on the comment.) Please also send your name, address, and specify what you have won in an email to [email protected].
Welcome to those who have clicked your way over after reading my Proverbs 31 Ministries devotion Your One Sentence Eulogy. To read the devotion, click here…but be sure to come back to enter the giveaway in honor of my new book that launches today!
TODAY IS THE DAY!!
My newest book, Listen, Love, Repeat: Other-Centered Living in a Self-centered World is now available in stores and online. There is also a DVD Bible study series with workbook that accompanies the book!
Here is a short description:
Our culture is self-obsessed – in our schedules, relationships, and especially online. (Can you say selfie?) But in this near-narcissism, people are less content than in decades past. Why? Because we forgot the joy that comes from putting others first. Doing so requires us to live alert, listening for “heart drops,” hints from those in our lives who need a helping hand or a generous dose of encouragement. Living alert lifts our own spirits, showing us that blessing others blesses us even more.
Listen, Love, Repeat offers biblical teaching and suggests doable actions that are simple, heart-tugging, sentimental, even sneaky and hilarious. This message:
• Presents scriptural examples of those who lived alert, including Jesus, who noticed those who least expected to be seen.
• Gives creative ideas for showing love to friends and family, and suggests practical ways to reach out to the lonely, the marginalized, the outcast, and the odd duck. Additionally, it helps you comfort the grieving, showing what you can do when you don’t know what to say.
• Provides inspiration for blessing the “necessary people” in your life, those often-overlooked souls who help you get life done every day, and teaches you how to hug a porcupine by genuinely loving the hard-to-love.
Find out more, and grab some lovely images with quotes from the book to share on social media, by visiting listenloverepeatbook.com
Now for the giveaways!
In my Proverbs 31 devotion, I mentioned two items I have in my kitchen–my big red cast iron soup pot and my “scatter kindness” sign.
Well, I am giving away one soup pot, three signs, and 5 copies of the book–that means nine different winners!
The signs are made by a new friend I met when she was in the audience for the filming of the Bible study sessions for the book. You can check out Audrey’s fabulous work at The Cowboy’s Wife Sign Company. (Head to her Facebook page and give her a “like”?)
And now, I’m sharing what often goes in my big red pot–my recipe for cheesy corn chowder!
Cheesy Ham & Corn Chowder
Hands-down my family’s favorite soup. I make it at least two or three times a month and when I do, their friends come running!
In a large pot combine:
4 cups chicken stock (or 4 cups water with bouillon cubes to taste)
4 cups chopped, peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
Cook, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Then add:
3 tablespoons butter
1–2 cups finely chopped leftover ham
1 1/2 cups leftover corn
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
Just before serving, add:
8 ounces sour cream.
Thin with a little milk if needed. Stir well. Serves 8–10.
If you’d like to enter to win the soup pot, a “scatter kindness” sign, or a copy of the book, there are two options.
First, If you don’t have social media, please tell us your favorite image below and also tell someone about the book. You could even forward the Proverbs 31 devotion from today or send them the link to this post. Old fashioned talking face-to-face works too. ;-)
OR, if you are a social media person, please share one of the images below somewhere–on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest and do the following:
1. Use the hashtag #listenloverepeat in your description
2. Link to or at least mention the website listenloverepeatbook.com
3. Then come back here and tell us in the comments where you shared it and which image you chose.
We’ll pick the winners and announce them on Monday. And just so ya know, my favorite image below is the one of my daughter holding her goddaughter’s hand. So. Much. Cuteness.
Thanks for helping to get the word out about Listen, Love, Repeat !!