12 Days of Christmas Kindness – Day Six
It’s Day Six of 12 Days of Christmas Kindness, giving simple and doable ideas for reaching out to others during the Christmas season. If you’re just joining us, catch up on each day here.
For Day Six, let’s gift some warmth!
Take hot cocoa, a latte, or another delicious drink to a Salvation Army bell ringer, crossing guard, utility or construction worker, or anyone else working outside. Maybe even tuck in one of these Scatter Kindness cards to let them know how much they are appreciated.
Click picture below to download FREE printable cards.
Now for today’s giveaway!!!
Today I’m joined by my friend, coauthor, brainstorm buddy, and Proverbs 31 Ministries partner, Glynnis Whitwer. Glynnis is in charge of all things Communications at P31 and she is also the author of 9 books including one we co-authored together, Everyday Confetti. You can also connect with Glynnis on Facebook and Twitter.
Glynnis’ Day Four Giveaway is a unique 8×10 primitive folk art piece titled Posy Patch Bunny. This darling decorative item will look great in your home or you may gift it to a friend!
Are you ready for Day Six? Let’s go!
- Leave a comment here with your thoughts on today’s idea for scattering kindness.
- Go scatter kindness by gifting some warmth with a creamy hot drink for an outdoor worker.
- Post on social media using the hashtags #12DaysOfChristmasKindness and #ListenLoveRepeat. You can just post a simple thought. Or, you can save and then share today’s Christmas kindness idea. Or, even better, post a picture of you doing the idea given for scattering kindness. Just be sure to use the hashtags #12DaysOfChristmasKindness and #ListenLoveRepeat. And, if you could link to this post when you share, that would be FAB!
- Don’t forget our Grand Prize! Those who scatter kindness all 12 days and share on social media will be eligible to win our Grand Prize!
- You can comment on all 12 days up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 18. One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments and all winners will be announced on Monday, December 19. **U.S. Addresses only please.**
The Grand Prize!!!!
Now let’s go scatter some Christmas kindness and be sure to come back tomorrow!
Gift of warmth…when living in colder weather.
Gift of coolness…when living in hotter weather.
Looking for ways to spread kindness whenever the season! <3
A parent did this for me one day when I had outside duty at school. Very thoughful!
Very thoughtful! We have police men that work outside our church to help direct traffic that could benefit from some warmth:)
I really like this idea!
I love cocoa and think this is awesome
This is such a good idea. I hope to do this soon!
I posted this one on your Instagram page but I thought I would share it here as well. My daughter and I bought a Starbucks hot chocolate. It was a very cold and rainy day so we thought this would be a great time to bring a smile to someone working outside. We found the cart pusher at Walmart. We talked about he does and what we should say to him when we go up to him. My 5 year old daughter told him thank you for doing his job and she appreciated him. He barely said thank you and walked away. We then walked away but not before turning around to see him throw the cup in the trash. I believe this was in God’s perfect timing as well. It was a teachable moment for my daughter and a reminder that we have no idea what other people are going through even if we do get the short end of the stick! I believe that happened so we would add him to our prayer list because perhaps he has no one to pray for him or he himself needs to Jesus in his heart or perhaps he was just plain tired of dealing with all of the cranky shoppers! I will never know but what I do know is that we will continue to pray for him!
We have a lot of road work going on around our house… It has been really cold during this time and I know that the workers would appreciate this. I’m going to do this today!
So it not cold in fl so instead of giving a hot beverage to salvation army bell worker I gave ice cold drink
Little warm in S. TX…maybe a bottle of water.
I make warm hats and I will be handing those out to those working in the cold.
I actually did this saturday because it was sooo cold here. LIke 15 degrees below average. So I made a big pot and handed them out to people who were ringing the bells.
Day 6 & 7 are the same.