12 Days of Christmas Kindness – Day Ten
It’s Day Ten of 12 Days of Christmas Kindness, giving simple and doable ideas for reaching out to others during the Christmas season. If you’re just joining us, catch up on each day here.
For Day Ten, let’s give the gift of prayer!
Text someone who is in a hard spot some old fashioned encouragement. Write out a specific prayer you are praying for them. You could even jot a prayer down on one of the blank Scatter Christmas Kindness cards!
Now for today’s giveaway!!!
Today I’m joined by my friend, and fellow Proverbs 31 Ministries teammate, Chrystal Evans Hurst. Chrystal is a gifted writer, speaker, and worship leader. She co-authored Kingdom Woman, with her dad, Dr. Tony Evans. Tune in to her Chrystal Chronicles podcast and connect with Chrystal on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Chrystal’s Day Ten Giveaway is a copy of Kingdom Woman, a Kingdom Woman Devotional, and a beautiful star ornament.
Are you ready for Day Ten? Let’s go!
- Leave a comment here with your thoughts on today’s idea for scattering kindness.
- Go scatter kindness by giving the gift of prayer.
- Post on social media using the hashtags #12DaysOfChristmasKindness and #ListenLoveRepeat. You can just post a simple thought. Or, you can save and then share today’s Christmas kindness idea. Or, even better, post a picture of you doing the idea given for scattering kindness. Just be sure to use the hashtags #12DaysOfChristmasKindness and #ListenLoveRepeat And, if you could link to this post when you share, that would be FAB!
- Don’t forget our Grand Prize! Those who scatter kindness all 12 days and share on social media will be eligible to win our Grand Prize!
- You can comment on all 12 days up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 18. One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments and all winners will be announced on Monday, December 19. **U.S. Addresses only please.**
The Grand Prize!!!!
Now let’s go scatter some Christmas kindness and be sure to come back tomorrow!
Another fabulous and thoughtful idea
Praying for another is one of the best ways to show love and kindness! #myfavoriteone
I think it is great to write out the specific prayer instead of saying “I am praying for you!”
Can’t say enough how a simple text of encouragement and prayer can be so powerful.
I have an aunt that is recovering from a heart attack from a few weeks ago, and then she had a blood clot in her arm, and then she fell hard enough to need medical attention. I said a prayer for her and the family, though I don’t have their numbers to text them. I did my best for today!
Love this idea, I do it often
I did this for a friend who has someone suffering from cancer in their life
Great, I will do this. What a fun text to be getting.
I did this for a couple of friends who are struggling right now.
I often forget about the gift of prayer, but it is the most powerful gift of all.
Everyone needs prayers. Great idea
Have had the opportunity to pray for two people this week in tough situations.
I will pray a hedge of protection from evil for someone I know having a tough time.
What a beautiful gift for this time of year.
Thank you for bringing that special person to mind. I know the Spirit was at work in making me think of her and reaching out at this moment.
Prayed today for a few people that I dont know. And I will be scattering kindness to several peeps I dont know. I think the art of letter writing should come back. I love getting a card or something hand made. Thank you!
Just had the opportunity to pray for a sister in Christ on Facebook, and instead of just typing praying or will pray. I wrote out a heartfelt prayer! We have some many opportunities to scatter kindness if we just live alert. Thanks Karen!
Day 10 #12DaysOfChristmasKindness #ListenLoveRepeat Lot’s of Godsightings during the scattering Christmas Kindness. Prayer is truly a gift and a Blessing to know that we can talk to our Heavenly Father anytime and anywhere. It has truly been a JOY to participate in the 12 Days of Chirstmas Kindness. Thank you Karen and Chrystal for Hosting day 10. The prayer and text to our two college children TODAY and this week is that they would remember to Lean on their LORD and Savior for strength,and wisdom , They are taking exams TODAY and this week. That they would remember that God has a divine design and unique purpose for their lives, and they are the only ones gifted to fulfill it. Remember Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge HIM and He will direct your path. Our family also prayed for ALL college students taking exams .