Day 2 of 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways (with Valerie Woerner)
Winners announced here! Congratulations!
It’s Day 2 of 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways!
If you’re just joining in, be sure to catch up by starting at Day One here.
My guest today for day two is a new friend, Valerie Woerner. Here she is with her favorite part of Christmas and a great giveaway!
Slowing down, especially at the holidays, is hard for me but I’m also a huge introvert. One of my favorite things about this season is the stillness that the Christmas Eve service brings to my soul. Any last minute hustling and bustling is gone and I feel like every distraction that competes with my attention during the season suddenly stops at the door. Singing “O Holy Night” by candlelight is one of the most “present” moments of my year and where I find myself most in awe of the fact that Jesus’s birth is not just a story in a book but the turning point in history. What a wonderful gift God gave to us!
Now, tell us in the comment section on this post what brings stillness to your soul during the flurry of frenzy at Christmastime.
Have a holy and hushed holiday season,
Day 2 Giveaway
- U.S. Addresses only please.
- You can comment on all 12 days (once per person) up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 16. Start with Day One here.
- Share the giveaway with your friends and followers. You can use the share buttons below or repost and share on Instagram (my fave) and tag me @karenehman.
- One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments.
- To enter to win the Grand Prize (below), comment on all 12 posts and share on social media.
- All winners (including Grand Prize) will be announced here on the blog on Tuesday, December 18, and contacted via email. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your prizes.
- If you’re not already subscribed, click HERE and you’ll receive an email notification each day of our series.
I love that “pause” too! Reflecting on the most awesome gift ever…Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel! Love Love this!
Stealing a few minutes to myself after everyone is in bed helps me find rest. ?
Be outside, especially when it’s snowing and be still. Soak it all in.
Hope to win journal!!
Every year, on Christmas Eve, we have a big family get together and after all as gone home, before putting the kids to bed my sweet husband will read the story of Jesus’ birth from Luke. It never gets old! It always blesses my heart and puts everything back in to perspective as to why we celebrate Christmas!??
I little quite time when the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve.
Love this Day 2!! Especially since I’m playing catch up! Talk about hustle and bustle. My daughter & I decided this year we finally want to attend the 11 service on Christmas Eve since kids are older and just something new we haven’t done. Always played by the rules and kids to bed by 10. One of my favorite ways to bring stillness this time of year is always getting up early and drinking my coffee by the Christmas tree. The lights are so beautiful and peaceful. I pray for my family and friends and reflect with gratitude of all Gods gifts he’s bestowed on us.
Such a great post. We all need to remember to slow down this Christmas season.
We don’t get snow here often, but when we do, I love it. Everything seems so calm and peaceful when blanketed in snow.
Love “cut through the noise of everyday life”! Too often we are deaf to the voice of God, while being overwhelmed by the voices of the world.
Thank you valerie and Karen.