*If you are reading this post in your email inbox, be sure to navigate to my blog order to leave your comment and be entered to win the giveaway. To do so, click here.
NOTE: The best way to make sure you don’t miss any of the 12 days of giveaways is to subscribe to my blog so new posts are sent to your email inbox. When you do, you will automatically be sent a PDF resource I wrote called 5 Ways to Tether Your Heart to God’s Word. Click here to subscribe.
It’s Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways! If you’re just joining in, be sure to start at Day 1 here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although all you need to do to enter is comment here, I will also be snooping around on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, looking for people who are promoting the giveaway by sharing an image along with the hashtag #12daysofchristmasgiveaways When you do so, you will be entered a second time for the giveaway that day!
Additionally, there is a grand prize for one person who comments on all 12 days, so set a daily alarm on your phone phone for now until December 18th and join the fun!
This year our Grand Prize is worth over $225!! It includes:
- A leader kit of my What Matters Most Lifeway study of Philippians, including the teaching DVD’s and one Bible study guide.
- A Wheatfield Woman ESV journaling Bible from Wheat and Honey Co.
- A pink cable knit throw (other color options available)
- A pour-over coffee dripper
- A half pound of Fortress coffee, a company started by two fellow alumni from Spring Arbor University
- An insulated pink shimmer mug (or color of your choice)
Day 2: Fun Traditions
For day two of our giveaways, my friend Amber Smith is joining us. Amber is a believer, wife, mom, Texas girl, and actor. She is also the wife of country music star Granger Smith. (You may also know him by his alter ego Earl Dibbles Jr.) Besides all this, Amber is one of the most encouraging friends ever and someone who inspires me to embrace even the hard times in life, knowing God has not abandoned you. (You can click here to see why.)
Here she is to share a memory of the holidays from her childhood. Welcome Amber!
My favorite family tradition since I was a little girl was doing English Christmas crackers. These aren’t the kind of crackers you eat. They are even better!
A Christmas Cracker is a brightly colored paper tube, twisted at both ends. There is a “banger” inside, when pulled by two people will create a loud snapping “crack” or “bang” sound.
When you pop them, inside you will find a little hat. Everyone puts them on. There are also small trinkets inside, and some jokes. We all go around the table and share our jokes and then take a photo in our paper hats. It is such a fun family tradition.
Now, for today’s quick question. Do you have a favorite tradition you do every year? What is it? Leave your answer in the comments and you will be entered to win my giveaway which is listed below.
Day 2 Giveaway
Thanks Amber! Now, for today’s prize, Amber is giving away an Arise with Amber coffee mug and blue hoodie, a Yee Apparel hat and shirt, a Joy to the World sign, a signed Granger Smith CD, and a $50 gift card to Amazon!
Okay, answer today’s quick question about your favorite traditions in the comments section below to be entered to win Amber’s giveaway. And remember, if you want to be eligible for the grand prize, you must comment on all 12 days!
Hi there! I am a Texas girl married to my husband Granger Smith and mama of 3. We have 2 kiddos here with us on earth and 1 who is now with Jesus. We live on a farm with lots of animals and we are doing our best navigating this new journey with one of our precious children in heaven. We have a family Youtube series called The Smiths, and I host my own show called Arise with Amber on Sundays where we talk about life, family, loss, and the hope and love of Jesus Christ. Our family also owns a lifestyle and apparel brand called Yee Yee.
NOTE: Affiliate links may be included. We only recommend products we know our readers will love!
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAYS RULES
- U.S. Addresses only please.
- You can comment on all 12 days (once per person) up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 20. Each day will be linked below for easy reference.
- One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments.
- To enter to win the Grand Prize (worth over $225 and includes: A leader kit of my What Matters Most Lifeway study of Philippians, including the teaching DVD’s and one Bible study guide; a Wheatfield Woman ESV journaling Bible from Wheat and Honey Co.; a pink cable knit throw (other color options available); a pour-over coffee dripper ; a half pound of Fortress coffee, a company started by two fellow alumni from Spring Arbor University; an insulated pink shimmer mug–or color of your choice), comment on and share all 12 posts. You can use the share buttons below or repost and share on Instagram (my fave!) and tag me @karenehman.
- All winners (including Grand Prize) will be announced here on the blog on Monday, December 21, and contacted via email. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your prizes.