*If you are reading this post in your email inbox, be sure to navigate to my blog order to leave your comment and be entered to win the giveaway. To do so, click here.
IT’S DAY 9 OF 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAYS! IF YOU’RE JUST JOINING IN, BE SURE TO START AT DAY 1 HERE.
NOTE: The best way to make sure you don’t miss any of the 12 days of giveaways is to subscribe to my blog so new posts are sent to your email inbox. When you do, you will automatically be sent a PDF resource I wrote called 5 Ways to Tether Your Heart to God’s Word. Click here to subscribe.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although all you need to do to enter is comment here, I will also be snooping around on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, looking for people who are promoting the giveaway by sharing an image along with the hashtag #12daysofchristmasgiveaways When you do so, you will be entered a second time for the giveaway that day!
Additionally, there is a grand prize for one person who comments on all 12 days, so set a daily alarm on your phone phone for now until December 18th and join the fun!
This year our Grand Prize is worth over $225!! It includes:
- A leader kit of my What Matters Most Lifeway study of Philippians, including the teaching DVD’s and one Bible study guide.
- A Wheatfield Woman ESV journaling Bible from Wheat and Honey Co.
- A pink cable knit throw (other color options available)
- A pour-over coffee dripper
- A half pound of Fortress coffee, a company started by two fellow alumni from Spring Arbor University
- An insulated pink shimmer mug (or color of your choice)
Day 9: Favorite Childhood Christmas Memory
Today our guest is my friend Jodie Berndt. You may recognize her from past Christmas giveaways. She is a speaker and the bestselling author of the Praying the Scriptures series for Children, Teens, and Adult Children. And now, welcome Jodie!
I had two grandmothers growing up. One of my grandmothers had all the gifts wrapped, tagged and stored in her sewing room closet by September. My other grandma never gave us anything—at least not something you could wrap. She just prayed for us and, in return, she asked us to memorize a Bible verse (one she chose) as our gift to her every year.
As a child, I did NOT like Bible-Verse Gammy’s approach. I much preferred wrap-and-tag Grandma. But now, as a mom with four kids and a grandchild of her own, I see the wisdom in Bible Gammy’s approach. All the verses she asked us to memorize, year after year, have done more for my wisdom, strength, and joy than any dollhouse or new bicycle ever could. And I am confident that Gammy’s prayers released more untold blessings (and protected me from more untold harms) than I could ever imagine. Truly, prayer is the best gift we can give to the people we love! And Gammy’s prayers and scriptures is my most treasured Christmas memory.
For our question today, what is one childhood memory of Christmas you truly treasure? Tell us in the comments section and you could win my giveaway!
Day 9 Giveaway
For day nine, Jodie is giving away a three-book bundle including Praying the Scriptures for Your Children: 20th Anniversary Edition, Praying the Scriptures for Your Teens, and Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children.
Jodie Berndt is the bestselling author of the Praying the Scriptures series for Children, Teens, and Adult Children. A natural speaker and Bible teacher, Jodie has appeared on Focus on the Family, the 700 Club, and a host of popular podcasts, and she has written for Fox News, Club31Women, Proverbs 31 Ministries, and other media outlets. Jodie has four adult children; she and her husband, Robbie, live in Virginia.
NOTE: Affiliate links may be included. We only recommend products we know our readers will love!
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAYS RULES
- U.S. Addresses only please.
- You can comment on all 12 days (once per person) up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 20. Each day will be linked below for easy reference.
- One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments.
- To enter to win the Grand Prize (worth over $225 and includes: A leader kit of my What Matters Most Lifeway study of Philippians, including the teaching DVD’s and one Bible study guide; a Wheatfield Woman ESV journaling Bible from Wheat and Honey Co.; a pink cable knit throw (other color options available); a pour-over coffee dripper ; a half pound of Fortress coffee, a company started by two fellow alumni from Spring Arbor University; an insulated pink shimmer mug–or color of your choice), comment on and share all 12 posts. You can use the share buttons below or repost and share on Instagram (my fave!) and tag me @karenehman.
- All winners (including Grand Prize) will be announced here on the blog on Monday, December 21, and contacted via email. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your prizes.