Cappuccino Muffins with Espresso Spread
These are absolutely delicious and different. For the coffee and chocolate lover in your life.
Cappuccino Muffins with Espresso SpreadPrint Recipe
- 1 block cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Blend all the espresso spread ingredients and cover tightly. Store in the refrigerator.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until the coffee isdissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combined dry and wet ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes and remove from pan. Serve with espresso spread. Makes 12 to 14 muffins.