My husband’s sister ran a Florida bed and breakfast for years called The Mango Inn. These muffins were one of her signature breakfast items. Bet you can’t eat just one!
Mango Macadamia MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups diced ripe mango
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp softened butter
- For topping, combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mash until combined. Chill until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Fold in mango.
- In another bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients. Fold together just to moisten. Batter will be lumpy
- Quickly fill greased muffin tins with batter to the tops.
- Crumble topping over the tops.
- Bake 25–30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool 5–10 minutes. Remove carefully from pans.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 muffins.