Thank you for your interest in Karen Ehman’s new book When Making Others Happy is Making You Miserable: How the Break the Pattern of People Pleasing and Confidently Live Your Life, which releases on August 3, 2021.
Feeling overwhelmed, burned out, and pulled in too many directions by the needs of others? If you wish you had a little more freedom and margin in your daily schedule, this is the book for you.
Karen knows firsthand how people pleasing locks us in a prison, trapping us in unhealthy habits which distract us from our true selves and our God-given purpose. With honesty and practical wisdom, she explores why we fall into people-pleasing behaviors and offers advice for how we can break out into the freedom God has called us to. Because the truth is we cannot fulfill our divine purpose if we’re too busy living everyone else’s.
With vulnerable and humorous stories, biblical insight, and encouragement from someone who’s been there, this practical book will help you:
- Discover how to live out your priorities despite the opinions and expectations of others
- Implement boundaries with the pushers, pouters, guilt bombers and others who try to call the shots in your life
- Cultivate a strategy for knowing when to say yes and how to say no
- Learn to navigate the tension between following God and loving the people around you
When you pre-order When Making Others Happy is Making You Miserable, you will receive the following downloadable freebies:
1. Priority-setting worksheets
2. Lock screens
3. Social media graphics
4. Scripture memory verses
5. Chapter One of the book as a digital download
6. A podcast interview with Dr. Tracy Alloway on people-pleasing
To receive the downloadable freebies, email a copy of your receipt to email@example.com
Pre-order When Making Others Happy is Making You Miserable from your favorite retailer below or you can also buy an autographed and personalized copy from me by clicking here.