Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker and New York Times bestselling author. Described as profoundly practical, engagingly funny, and downright real, her passion is to help women to live their priorities and love their lives as they serve God and others.
Karen writes for Encouragement For Today, an online devotional that reaches over four million women daily. She also contributes to the First 5 teaching team, an app designed to help you spend the first five minutes of every day reading the Bible.
She has authored seventeen books and Bible studies including the New York Times bestseller Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It and When to Say Nothing at All. Her most recent devotional, co-authored with Ruth Schwenk of The Better Mom is entitled Settle My Soul: 100 Quiet Moments to Meet with Jesus and was selected as the 2020 Devotional and Gift Book of the Year. She and Ruth also co-wrote the ECPA best-seller Pressing Pause: 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus. She also released a Bible study with LifeWay on the letter of Philippians called What Matters Most.
Karen has been a guest on national media including TODAY Parenting, FoxNews.com, FamilyLife, Engaging Women, Moody Midday Connection, At Home Live, and Focus on the Family. She is a cum laude graduate of Spring Arbor University with a BA in Social Science and is a member of the SAU Alumni Board of Directors. She is married to her college sweetheart Todd and they make their home in a small town in the middle of the Mitten—Michigan, America’s “High Five.” They are the parents of five adult children, three biological and two in-laws by marriage, although she forgets which are which.
She is a lover of coconut and dark chocolate, sharpened Ticonderoga #2 pencils, whimsical notecards, and any kind of Post It note. She is a collector of retro Pyrex ware and is a die-hard fan of the Detroit Tiger baseball team. (Bless you boys!)
But most of all, she considers it an honor to tell others about the gospel—the good news of Jesus Christ—whether from the stage at an event, on the pages of one of her books or Bible studies, or over a cup of French press coffee in her kitchen.
You can connect with Karen on:
- Twitter: Karen_Ehman
- Facebook: Karen Ehman
- Pinterest: karenehmanp31
- Instagram: KarenEhman
- Or at Proverbs 31 Ministries: www.proverbs31.org
Statement of Faith
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible word.
- God exists as three in one – The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ’s deity, sinless humanity, virgin birth, atoning death on the cross, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is given to believers to indwell and empower them to live the Christian life on earth and to seal them for the day of redemption.
- Christ’s personal return to earth to establish His kingdom here.
- The resurrection of the body, resulting in eternal life for all true believers in heaven and eternal punishment for all unbelievers in hell.
- Salvation, by faith alone, through grace alone, is found in Jesus Christ alone.
- The church is made up of all true believers from every tribe, tongue and nation.
- It is the responsibility and privilege of all believers to glorify God by telling others of the good news of the gospel, enabling people worldwide to have the chance to know Christ personally.