- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 quarts chicken stock, warm
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 tbsp Spike seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, (not marinated) drain and dice
- 1 pint heavy cream or half and half
- In a large soup kettle, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter. When mushrooms are soft, set aside.
- Add warm stock to butter/flour mix. Whisk until stock is lump free. Stir in seasonings and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and diced artichoke hearts.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend in cream.
- Serve warm. Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.