Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip & Gingersnaps
Pumkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small pie pumpkin optional, for serving
- 1/2 cup 1 stick real butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Dip
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add the canned pumpkin and spices and mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve (up to 24 hours).
- When ready to serve, cut off the top of and hollow out the pie pumpkin. Spoon the dip inside.
- Serve with gingersnaps. Can also serve with apple slices, graham crackers or vanilla wafers, but the gingersnaps are the best.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and egg, mixing well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat just until well blended. Do not over-beat.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and dip one half of each ball into the granulated sugar.
- Lay the balls sugar side up on a greased baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cracked on top. Do not over-bake.